This project only took about 15 minutes for my daughter to do.
You will need:
3 pieces of felt 10cm (4" square) we just used some scraps we had or you could use one 23cm (9") square; some embroidery cotton; scissors; pins; large needle; tracing paper/baking paper; pencil or felt pen.
1) Trace over the shell shape (see further down) using tracing paper/baking paper & felt pen and then cut out the shape.
2) Lay the pattern on the felt & pin it on.
3) Cut the material roughly around the pattern and then cut carefully round following the shell shape.
4) Remove pins, cut out 2 more shell shapes & lay the 3 shapes on top of one another.
5) Sew the shapes together at the base of the shell using a whip stitch, making sure the stitches go through all three of the shapes & tuck in the end of the thread to finish.
6) Now put your needles in the needle-book.