Wednesday 4 March 2015

The Bible in Song - my blast from the past

The songs below were recorded by the Medical Mission Sisters in the 1960's. I learnt them when I was in primary school and loved them. I've taught what I remembered of them to my children but until recently, when I found them on youtube, I didn't have a recording of them.
Some of the words are available here.

The Parable of the Wedding Banquet: Matthew 22 & Luke 14.
This is our favourite & is fun to sing.





The story of Zacchaeus the tax collector: Luke 19




Luke 17 - this isn't the original recording & isn't the best quality but it's the only one I could find.




'Come down Lord my son is ill...Do not come to my house, I'm unworthy...'
Based on Matthew 8:





John 6 - a hymn I remember from years ago.




Not a Bible story as such but a song about Joy:





2 comments:

Mama Squirrel said...

Flashback to church children's choir, ca. 1975, for me.

Our family uses the Mission Sisters' songs from Gold, Incense and Myrrh during Advent. http://deweystreehouse.blogspot.ca/2005/11/advent-is-coming.html

Carol said...

Thanks for the link. I didn't know there were other albums.