Saturday 21 December 2019

Christian Greats Challenge - Wrap-up Post


On the Incarnation by Athanasius

A Chameleon, a Boy, and a Quest by J.A. Myhre

The God Who is There by Francis Schaeffer

Life Under Compulsion by Anthony Esolen

Flynn of the Inland by Ion Idriess

In This House of Brede by Rumer Godden

North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell

Unnatural Death by Dorothy L. Sayers

Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis

The Nine Tailors by D.L. Sayers


The link up page is here if you wanted to add your review of any books you've read for this challenge.
Thank you to those who joined in!




8 comments:

Ruthiella said...

Well done on completing the challenge. I am also so impressed that you created your own challenge. So cool and clever. :D

Vintage Reading said...

Oh I love In This House of Brede. I'm a big fan of Rumer Godden and it is one of her finest I think.

Sharon Wilfong said...

Nice list. Some of my favorites and some I haven't read. Nice to see you are also a Sayers fan. I have The Mind of the Maker that I have not read yet. It's on my ever growing TBR list. Hopefully I'll get around to it next year.

Carol said...

Thanks, Ruthiella. 🙂

Carol said...

VR - I’ve only read this one and one or two of her children’s books but I think I’d probably like any of her books if they’re written like the onesI’ve read already.

Carol said...

Hi Sharon, I do like Sayers but I haven’t had much experience with her non-fiction. I started The Mind of the Maker once but didn’t have the head space for it at the time. 🙁

Cleo @ Classical Carousel said...

Oh, good grief, I so failed on this challenge. I think I may get in two books for the year. Do you think you'd do it again for 2020? I'd like to have another try ..... 🙏

Carol said...

Hi Cleo, ha! no worries. I'm tossing up whether I'll do any challenges in 2020. I do have some goals - like quite a bit of pre-reading for Year 10, a good number of non-fiction titles & some classics I have that I want to get to. I'm hopeless at read alongs otherwise I'd join you, although I haven't read the Odyssey yet so would probably read that before the Iliad.